Saturday 26 February 2011

The Blues, They Run The Game

Sometimes I feel the need to animate something. The problem is, I'm not a writer and I don't have many good ideas. More often than not I opt for creating a music video. I'm a big fan of old folk singer Jackson C. Frank and Blues Run The Game is one of my favorite songs, so naturally I selected it for an animated film. I didn't get very far, just these few character concepts for the man himself... But I never really settled for them and didn't believe I could fill the length of the song with anything good.
The same happened again with The Cure's 'Burn' for the film The Crow. I loved the book, and share that feeling with the first movie. So of course it inspired these drawings for yet another abandoned music video...
Here's the 2 seconds of animation I actually got around to (story-boarded above).


RIP Grandad Steve - I love you x 

No comments:

Post a Comment